Tuesday, August 01, 2006

EVERYTHING IS NOT GOING TO BE OK

misc 054


“everything is not going to be OK” Duke spotted this sticker on a don't litter sign down the block from our apartment. (look closely right above the word PLEASE)
It seemed so appropriate at the moment...... I‘m always amazed by his ability to spot this kind of thing. When I asked him how he noticed it he simply said “I pay attention to details, I guess I’m not a big picture kind of guy” . These are the moments when I’m sure he’s 7 going on 28.

----Completely unrelated--------

So I had some time to think while shopping for school supplies at Staples. This fixation is merely masking something else that I am suppressing. I have no clue what it is yet but I feel like I need to do some serious introspection in order to release it. It’s not what I feared, but I can still feel the knot in my stomach.

I bought a photo magazine which seems to be interesting so far and gives me a few editing tips and I may buy a new lens.

I had some bizarre moments today that made have some junior high school flashbacks.

Two more classes and summer school is done. Can’t wait.

Two of my classmates are pregnant. One found out while in class today. It’s always fascinating to see someone’s initial reaction to something like that. It’s so confusing. I couldn’t tell whether she was excited, pissed or just shocked. She kept blurting things out that didn’t make much sense. I was “fortunate” enough to be the person sitting next to her therefore the first to find out. I know this is very serious to her but I could not help to laugh (internally) at how volatile human feelings are. Witnessing this also made me realize that I’m not as sure as I was.

I have completed my extensive study and the findings are conclusive. I won’t bore you with the data, but it all boils down to this:

“excessive amounts of Diet Pepsi DOES affect the central nervous system”

I got on a cab today and accidentally heard and arjonas song and I have to say that this man doesn’t seize to astonish me. The way he paints with lyrics makes me feel like I’m experiencing a dysfunctional relationship first hand……like there are penguins on my bed or that I am a four decade woman walking around naked and being admired by the love of my life. gotta love him for that.

Talking about beds I have a new mattress. My bed is so much taller now, which feels weird. It also looks wider, But I’ll analyze that later.

I want to publicly apologize for driving you nuts NAO, I know you’re there no matter what, but I abuse that privilege at times.

Happy Birthday Dad

Well I’ll end on that note.

-----------MDL---------------

PS: I have to say I’m a little disappointed on the lack of reaction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction, You can't drive anyone crazy that's already crazy! And your obsession has been my pleasure. It makes me laught that at this stage in our lives society would demand a deferent more masure behavior; but it's actually quite funny and cute to see that we can still act like we are 13 going of 30, that age is something physical but not emotional, that age does not limit anyone from enjoying the moment. Duke is very lucky to have people that can understand him from a seven year old point of view and from a twenty eight point of view! By the way I did not understand all the metaphor, but i founded inspiring and touching :)

Anonymous said...

What I really want to know is who had the sadly correct idea of getting those stickers printed? Also, your kid's cool. "not a big picture kind of guy." I admire that kind of self-awareness. Go him.

Ms. DeLeon said...

yeah it kinda makes you think that someone had an obvious and very depressing epiphany and decided to pay to have it printed and spread it all over NYC. a place where this truth is a lot more than apparent.