Wednesday, August 09, 2006

9,861 days and 17 hours

"Today is my birthday, And I get one every year, And some day...Hard to believe, But I'll be buried six feet underground"

Today I am 9,862 days old. Having a birthday always makes me see life through this bizarre lens of irrational fears and failed attempts. I usually need stop and change the filter, adjust the f-stop and change from auto-focus to manual. Finally, I crop, enlarge, dodge and burn. Then and only then I can see a more accurate version of my life. I have a lot to be grateful for. I have family, health, a great friend, a job I love, and an exceptional kid. (All I need is money and a boyfriend…. he, he) Not to say that there aren’t a whole lot of things I need to work on, but I guess I’m just counting my “blessings”.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we'll u still have 139 days left

Ms. DeLeon said...

Duke, you're my sooo my kid and therfore such a dork, he he... yes we will have another party for my 10,000th day in this world.....HEY, what are you doing reading my blog? you're grounded :-)

Anonymous said...

Today is your birthday and you get one every year and some day you will buried six feet underground.....Yep! someday, but with every year you age just like good wine. I feel like i have known you my entire life, and i have always admired you for your inner strength and unique ways. Recaping this past year I have seen you grow more than ever. I admire you more now, because in one year you have confroted issues that have taken you an entire life to figure out. You are happy in your own skin, you don't want to deal with your issues for other people; you are accepting yourself for you, you are no longer afraid to speak what's on your mind, you are more stable than ever. You don't need funny, false, fake ass people that pretend to have "an imaginary world {imaginary girlfriends}" to feel like they are something. You are real, and everything about you is real, you don't pretend to be what you're not. You are the nerdy geeky girl who's obsessed with pictures, and learning new things everyday. You are the aunt and coisin that everyone wants to hang out with. You are the greatest mom in the world! You are the greatest daughter that's always there even when they get on your nerves, you are the very best friend in the entire world. Yes, i am sound corny but the truth is that this life is too short, and sometimes you need to tell people how awesome they are. You don't have a lot people in your life, but they all will agree that you are very special in a good type of way. Yes indeed, you may take weird pictures sometimes,and you talk in some gigabite language that i can't understand (I AM SORRY) I will have to learn!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and that all your wishes come true. Now, are we getting drunk on sat? Te Quiero, I am not gay!

Anonymous said...

A happy birthday to you! I was going to try to say something profound, but couldn't think of what. Then I was gonna say something clever, but couldn't think of what. So in the end, I just want to wish you a happy birthday, and many more hereafter.