Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Morpheus is Out to Get Me

I am convinced that he truly is! …..... Lately, I have been having these sleep spells, not just your normal sleepiness but an irrepressible urge to just sleep. I have given in to some of it, but now it is just annoying. Not only because of all the things I’m potentially missing while I’m asleep, but because I am also remembering my dreams more often and to be perfectly honest, sometimes it’s better not to know what’s going on in my subconscious. I’ve been having dreams about my most trivial fears and desires :: cringe::

I wanna be awake and enjoy the few summer days I have left but I guess my arbitrary sleep lord has other plans for me. Hmmmm,,,,maybe I should start power-napping. I read this article that gave tips on how to power-nap effectively. It suggested to have a napping partner, and to nap in a safe place (hmmm..) for 20 minutes no later than 3:00pm, so it wouldn’t interfere with night sleep. As I read it I couldn’t help to think of how much I would have to trust someone to let them be my ”napping lookout” and watch me sleep. The article also mentions a company, metronaps, in the empire state building that rents out napping pods for $14 a nap. I mean, what didn’t I think of this and become rich? They also offer office installations. I mean it’s not such a bad idea considering that according to studies, those who nap briefly tend to be more productive, alert and have better memory. Which explains a lot about most of the sleep-deprived people I know.

::YAWN:: there’s Morpheus again, I’m off to bed since I’m starting to not make sense again…..

MDL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be kinda weird to go somewhere for your nap. That said, I'd love a nap pod in the breakroom at work. They look way cool, too. Like a futuristic flying sleep thinger.

Now, for myself, I've found that taking a multi vitamin has made a huge difference in my life. I'm not all sacked out tired after work, It's easier for me to wake up in the mornings, and I generally feel better. Might be worth trying for a month.

Anonymous said...

Try a coffee nap: drink coffee and nap for 20-30 mins, which is about the time your body needs to absorb caffeine. When you wake up you'll be refreshed and wired!

--
DD