Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 76 (365)


Day 76 (365)
Originally uploaded by NYCmiri
This might be MY LAST POLAROID :-(
A few days ago, my brother told me Polaroid stopped making film for their instant cameras. I didn't give it much thought until I realized I still had my parent's old Polaroid from the 80's in my closet. I haven't used it in years, but I guess I kept it because i could always use it again. Of course, now that this is the end of the Polaroid instant camera era, I actually wanna use it.

I went to B&H yesterday to get some 120 film for my my brother's Diana+ and decided I would pick up some Polaroid film as well, just to find out B&H had none. I tried Adorama and a few drugstores with no luck. By the time I got home, this Polaroid thing had become an obsession. This morning I called a local pharmacy and asked them to hold me a couple of cartridges and went immediately to pick them up. Went outside and took this picture of Duke. Unfortunately the camera stopped working right after. I have no clue what the problem is and since this is such an old camera and will be useless in about a year, I'm not sure I wanna find out. I'm a little sad, though...I wanted to play with it a little longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so how about I trade you my working Polaroid with 30 cartridges for your Rebel?

I think it's a fair deal, especially if I actually had a polaroid :)

To be honest I never really liked polaroids. The convenience of instant film was always more expensive and limited than regular film.

--
DD