Friday, May 04, 2007

blue and green....

I recently saw a blue street sign on Jerome Avenue near Lehman College. It sparked my curiosity, so I asked a few native Bronxites if the signs used to be blue in the Bronx. Everyone swore that the signs have always been green and white. After some online research, I found an article on Forgotten-NY that says New York Street signs used to be color-coded by borough, and that the Bronx's color was blue and white up until the mid 80's when the whole city went green. Below is a picture of the blue sign I found on Jerome Ave. and a green one about two blocks away for comparison:

Oh! and no, I wasn't hallucinating...he he

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniff sniff*

I SMELL PHOTOSHOP!!!

:)

--
DD

Ms. DeLeon said...

ummmm.... you know very well I can't run photoshop on my computer...he he... and I brought witnesses with me this time, do you need an affidavit?
:-P

mdl

Anonymous said...

AND TRIPLICATE

Anonymous said...

No it was not photoshop, I saw it too!!!