Monday, May 14, 2007

on lashing out at staff meeting......

Today I kinda snapped at someone at work, but don’t worry, it was for a good reason. There was a situation in which a co-worker abused his authority to push his own views. Aside from being unethical, it was insulting, disrespectful and just plain wrong. This person thinks he can sit on his throne, with his unearned status quo and judge things he can’t begin to understand. The saddest part about this is that the person that is supposed to advocate for us (the affected ones) has decided to take an aloof position, maintaining that it’s not as big a deal as we all make it out to be and that it is not personal. This so-called advocate has suggested some sort of mediation that I refuse to be part of unless the mediator is truly neutral to the issue. Anyway, I just needed to vent this experience and I have no clue how the climate at work is gonna be tomorrow. But, frankly I don’t care, I said what I said because I meant it and at least I’m not hiding behind my students to say it.

No comments: