Monday, May 21, 2007

mouse salad

After a great weekend, despite the rain, I was eager to return to work. My lessons were planned, I had the materials I needed and I was even on time (15 minutes early actually). I also made a special salad for lunch with organic greens, almonds, homemade vinaigrette and chicken. Everything indicated that I would have a good start for this week. Of course, that was too good to be true. At 9:30am one of my co-workers points out that something was moving in my lunch bag. Ms. M, the bravest of the bunch, went to investigate and found a baby mouse eating through my special salad and snack. That was the end of my great Monday. I had to walk up the hill to McDonald’s and get a mediocre salad with mismatch dressing. I hope my day is better tomorrow.



mdl

No comments: