Thursday, February 23, 2006

bummed about the movie

ok, I went to the movies for the first time in months...we saw the pink panther (we had the kids with us). by we I mean Nao and I. so we got there early and bought the tickets. Went to the book store next door and the kids looked for books they wanted to buy. KC started acting all cocky saying that he was sure the brainquest for 7 to 8 yr olds was easy for him. I challenged him and he got a few questions wrong and became both depressed and obsessed with learning them, so he wanted to buy it. I reminded him that he had one more advanced at home that he hadn’t finished yet. KC then begins to browse for books and sees a black version of Goldie Locks and says in a really loud voice “mommy look goldie locks is black!” I lean closer to him and remind him we’re in harlem so he lowers his voice and says sorry. So after getting upset that the only book he wanted was in Spanish and it was too advanced for him, he ended up buying another chapter book that he will probably lose interest in in a couple of days. Anyway after the book shopping we go back to the movie theater to buy snacks that we really shouldn’t be eating and get good seats . we sit and start enjoying the movie until I realize that there’s a homeless guy sitting next to me and he has about 4 garbage bags and a truckload of Chinese food and various drinks. He’s also talking to an invisible friend sitting on his left. I make nao aware of it but we decide that he doesn’t look harmful so we don’t move. We continued watching the movie that wasn’t half bad. (especially the Hamburger part). After all this we go home to Nao’s and she forces me to watch a soap opera about a girl that supposedly died but really didn’t and another one is pregnant but it’s pretending to be holy and a guy had a sex op and is about to marry another guy. Anyway this was torture….then she tried to start watching the premios bla..blah…blah… and I threatened her with going home and she finally changed the channel. In all this her BF gets home and prepares some vodka concoction and give me some so I’m really happy. Then nao is checkin unheard voicemails from august and I’m thinking what’s the point? What can possibly be that important that waited 6 months and no one died or anything. But I can’t talk bc I just erased a couple of birthday messages last week (my b’day is in august)……but bum and all at the theater, today was pretty cool.

mdl

No comments: