Thursday, July 27, 2006

DVR

I just finished watching all the shows I have been recording in my DVR for the past year. This made me realize that if I was so desperate to watch an episode of Law and Order that I took the time to decipher the entire unnecessary button pressing, why has it been saved for a whole year. Does it really matter that they solved the case at this point? Thanx to me that missing child in Without a Trace has been missing for a whole year instead of just the usual 48 hours. I also found an assortment of half shows and movies that I started to watch and decided I would record the rest and finish it later, but it didn’t occur to me that I could’ve just pressed the little red button instead of going into the menu and performing a manual recording. So instead of recording the whole show I ended up recording half or a quarter of it. A year later I don't remember how it started so it's really pointless how it ends. I also found a lot episodes of Saved by the Bell and an 8 hr Chespirito mini-marathon.

Talking about Saved by the Bell, I just finished watching the episode when Jessie has too much on her plate and decides to take caffeine pills to stay awake and study. Yeah that one... don't pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about...you know... the one when Zack comes to her room and she's passed out from exhaustion and she starts freaking out and singing "I'm soooo excited, and I just can't hide it....." and then breaks down and cries. Go ahead take a moment, wipe your tears, I know I cried too. it was a very moving episode ….I’m still getting over it.

Anyway, relieved that my DVR is finally cleared, I am off to record more pointless stuff that I won’t be watching until Summer ’07.

MDL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made my own DVR with a spare computer. Long ago I set limits on how many shows are kept. Especially for Law and Order, Daily show, and South Park.

I don't ever get through everything I record, and yet I recently upgraded the harddrive with a 500GB one. The software I use allows me to schedule recordings via the web. So now I can record 270+ hours of crap I'll end up deleting later. Still, it's a small price to pay to have decent stuff to watch on your own terms. :)

--
DD