Monday, December 18, 2006

party, shopping and street meat

This was an interesting weekend. I started it doing things I shouldn’t be doing, I went to the Non-Denominational Holiday Extravaganza/Jenn-Francis Engagement Extravaganza. It was fun, however I have a feeling that the Heggs was probably mad at me for knocking down the table and getting punch all over the floor, I didn’t mean to but I’m little clumsy. I also went shopping, YES SHOPPING, I don’t know how Nao got me to agree to do that. I went primarily to get Duke’s present and came back with everything but the present. Nao also treated me to a full meal of street meat, rice , salad with hot & white sauces. We were gonna take it go, ‘cause we had no idea that the street vendor had a seating area right next to the cart. So we sat next to old navy, in the cold, eating a street meat meal. Things you only do in New York. Anyway, we then headed home and I had to get ready for a baby shower in my building. I eneded up drinking more than I should’ve but it was ok ‘cause I was in my building. Sunday I did nothing and by that I mean absolutely nothing. It was a fun weekend, but I’m glad it’s over. I am now trying to catch up with school work and other things that I’ve been neglecting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas Wishes to BubbleGum…
Some say that the holidays are to reflect, to look back and to evaluate ourselves…our triumphs and our defeats…. Also, they are supposed to bring family together, and to make you spend money on unwanted gifts on people that you don’t like…Not forgetting to mention that Santa is not real, that Christ wasn’t born on Christmas and that the three kings died thousands of years ago. (Sorry! I hope no children are reading).
But anyways, I decided to make a meaning out of this time a year and with that I’m going to start with the following… I tried to look for a present to thank you for your endless life support and for everything that you have done for me this past year (16 yrs to be correct). But really, how can I find something to show my appreciation for something as the other day: when you had a lot of tension, your own finals, and a doctor visit and still found time to bring me books to my house for me to do my HW! How can I buy something to match all the times that I call you bitching about the same thing, crying about stupid shit? How can I than you for picking my kid up when you were juggling with your own time yourself? How can I find something to give you back the unconditional gift of your friendship?
I could only say that you’re awesome… You are such a good mom that traveled 20hrs on a train because Duke wanted to travel on train out of NYC. You may not cook dinner every night, but you are surely raising one of the best kids I know (of course my kids are the other best!) but really, have you ever met another child like yours… NO!!! And yes it’s because of you. Duke is the best, but can he really go to Barnes nobles on his own on a Sunday night when the rest of the world wants to rest and you guys want o buy brain food questions??? You encourage and challenge him daily, you make sure that he stays on track, that he understand the world outside the box, you make him want to be honor roll!!
You may be one crazy girl! But you’re the one that your family feels comfortable to talk, you are not the judging type, you are the one that always gives without expecting something in return… I never met anyone that did so much and took so little credit for herself. I’m just sad that some stupid people missed the chance to see how wonderful you can be. Yeah! STUPID, I said it!!!
Stop selling yourself short; stop thinking you as the blame. Hell NO!!!, If you only would see how many people you have on your team, even my crazy brother that hates the world looks up to you, your kid, your family and your students…Those little creatures that you never stop caring about. Teaching shouldn’t be about bulletin boards and decorations…What good can a beautiful classroom offer when the teacher doesn’t believe in the students… You may not believe in a lot of things, but you always believe on your students and everything that you do is for their best interest…I don’t know how to repay all the inspiration you give me. And very tired of people trying to hurt you and trying to judge you… you’re a wonderful monkey. Probably the world is not ready to understand that the true essence in life is not about washing the dishes or in buying expensive outfits, that good example and a good education can be taught and offered in so many ways. I may never find a gift to represent what I am trying to say, but I do want you know that I understand… For the holiday season, I wish you to stay the same, not to sell out for anyone or for anything.. Because like any good Leo, you are simply the best.
Nao.