Sunday, December 31, 2006

Looking back....

So I say goodbye to ’06 in a state of confusion. This has by far been the rollercoaster year for me. I have experienced just about every emotion there is to experience in my search for…. Whatever it is I’m chasing. It has also been a year of introspection and reflection. A closer look to the controlled chaos I call a life. I’m still trying to fit the pieces but I no longer try to fit a triangle into a whole. I also met so many wonderful, and some not so wonderful people, this year and while I appreciate the friends I have greatly, I have the need to expand my horizons. I also came to terms with some of the most turbulent things in my life; a task that I thought impossible. Some of the prophecies made by the oracle have not materialized yet, probably because I don’t believe in the oracle to begin with.

Although it may seem this way, I did pay attention to the external world this year too. Here’s a list of the most memorable moments of 2006:

  • Pluto is not a planet
  • Democrats win control of Congress
  • Borat
  • Pelosi is the first woman to be Speaker
  • Steve Erwin dies
  • PS3
  • American Death Toll in Iraq Hits 3,000
  • 40 sq mile ice shelf collapses in the Canadian Artic due to global warming.

I’m sure there’s a lot more stuff but I can’t think of anymore right now.


Here’s a small list of things I still don’t care about :

  • Britney
  • Miss USA
  • Katie and tom
  • Politician scandals
  • Celebrity break-ups
  • Sports

2 comments:

Kertu said...

the things you still dont care about: im totally with you!

Anonymous said...

Issues!!!!