Wednesday, December 27, 2006

goals

I was inspired by a fellow blogger/myspacer to put into words my resolutions/goals for the new year. I'm usually too unconventional to do this on new year's, but I'll try this as a guideline and not an assignment, so I don't set myself up for failure. So here they are:

  1. To keep in touch with friends : if you have known me for at least a couple of years, you know that I am not very good at returning phone calls, emails and myspace comments, remembering birthdays, and keeping in touch in general. I am already making a conscious effort to get better at this.

  1. Finish Grad-School : this will happen in May, but I writing this one because of my tendency to self-sabotage when I'm close to completing something.

  1. Expand my social circle: I love the friends I have but there's nothing wrong with making new ones.

  1. Make more healthy choices: I losing weight will be a plus, but my real goal is to live longer.

  1. Take more pictures: I have been neglecting my Rebel lately but I haven't given up on photography yet.

  1. Learn more and teach Duke about our culture: I am not hung up on pride and heritage but I think it's important to understand where you come from in order to understand yourself better.

  1. Travel: although I only anticipate traveling to the DR this summer, I would like to make more trips if possible this year.

  1. Closure: I will stop procrastinating and resolve all the lose ends I've left lingering in the past (such as my divorce).

  1. Learn to drive and obtain my liscence: yes just like my dear friend that inspired this entry, I've had no need to drive. However, like SpongeBob, I feel like this will be a milestone in my life.

  1. Stop biting off more than I can chew : saying NO can be a good thing, and I have to practice this more.

Well I didn't plan to end at such a predictable number, but I can't think of any other things at this moment. By posting this I hope to motivate myself to follow these guidelines.

Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!


No comments: