Friday, December 28, 2007

Good Riddance Day

Today the Times Square alliance will be holding an event they call Good Riddance Day . The deal is that people will have the opportunity to shred a list of bad 2007 memories that they want erased or simply put behind them . This serves as a symbolic ceremony to those who are eager to start the new year on a clean slate. It sounded nice for about a minute, so of course I began a mental list of the my bad 2007 memories. I couldn't find a single one that I would actually want erased. The truth is, everything that happened this year taught me something in a way or another. I admit I made a few mistakes, but I don't think erasing them would help. Looking back at my resolution post at the end of 2006 I accomplished most of the things I set myself to.

I do intend to leave procrastination behind for this new year, But maybe I'll wait for 2009 :-)

No comments: