Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hurricane Dean




Hurricane Dean is passing through the caribbean. It already hit Matinique and Dominica. These islands are located south east of the Domincan Republic. The map above shows where the hurricane is as I write this. As you can see the whole island is covered by it. I am near the north coast and it´s not expected to hit here too badly, but the rain and the wind sure feels like a hurricane is nearby. It´s supposed to be headed for Jamaica and then the gulf of Mexico. Hurricanes make me nervous but I also find them fascinating. It doesn´t help that duke is now obsessed with them. I was born during hurricane David in 1979 and it was one of deadliest for the the island. Every hurricane season people of my parents generation and older have David flashbacks.

Well for now I am stranded because the rain has been non-stop. I was supposed to go to Altos de Chavon on the southern coast today or tomorrow, but that won´t be happening. I´m back to being bored.

mdl

No comments: