Sunday, July 06, 2008

Day 210 (365) 7/4/2008


Day 210 (356) 7/4/2008
Originally uploaded by NYCmiri
Fireworks as seen from Hunters Point, LIC, NY.

It was an adventure to try to capture this. It's my first time photographing fireworks so I was trying to figure out how to do it. I also hate large crowds and waiting, and this day involves both. Duke and I got there a couple of hours before sunset to find a decent spot. We brought a blanket, my tripod and of course Altagracia. I got some tips from a nice stranger on the best way to capture the works. Then came the rain,and I had to shove everything in a garbage bag until it passed,and of course my umbrella fell apart. But it was all worth it. The show was beautiful. Then we hopped on the train for an hour and 15 minutes...all for the love of fireworks.

No comments: