Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I have been sleeping more than usual lately, which is good, I guess but it's also annoying. I'm also remembering my dreams more than usual. A few nights ago I experienced a semi-lucid dream. I was sitting in a classroom while the principal observed another teacher. I tried to read what she wrote on the chart paper and I couldn't. I then looked around the room and it was arranged differently than when I first came in. I thought for a few seconds and suddenly realized i was dreaming,. Of course right after I realized it I woke up. Fascinated and confused at the same time I tried to go back to the dream but couldn't. This is not the first time I experience lucid dreaming but it's the first time in a while that it happens without me inducing it.

Coincidently, while walking in around in the city yesterday i found a copy of this book on sale in bookstore in the upper west side. I flipped through it and found the lucid dreaming chapter. I've actually read this book before in college but never really had time to devote to it and explore some of the ideas in it. I have now become obsessed with this idea and have decided to try it until I can master it ( or die trying...he he). I couldn't prepare for it last night because i was much too tired to concentrate on anything. I am ready tonight, though. Hopefully it'll work and I can do something cooler than just become aware of my dreaming state, freak out and then wake up.

mdl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucid dreaming again.... What other things are you dreaming about that you can't tell...